Welcome to this website for a Farmers' Market which had its origins as far back as 1998. The market offers many unique features not commonly found in conventional food retailing best summarized in the original objectives.
- The market to provide for local producers to sell their produce direct to the final customer
- The market to be in common ownership with revenues sufficient for long term sustainability.
- the fostering of a greater understanding of the source and nature of the produce at the market
- to minimize the environmental impact of production and distribution.
- to support the local economy
- to provide a social dimension for farmers often operating in isolated circumstances.
- to contribute to the well being of the local community.
For the latest news, about how the coronavirus pandemic is effecting how the market operates, can be found at this link
|Heroes at Usk Farmers' Market||Saturday, March 3, 2018 - 15:34|
|Trealy Farm||Friday, March 2, 2018 - 16:59|
|News From Penrhiw Farm||Friday, March 2, 2018 - 16:09|
|News from Beverly Reed||Friday, March 2, 2018 - 16:49|
|News from Parva Spices||Friday, March 2, 2018 - 16:51|
|News from Lynda and Wayne, Onllwyn Eggs||Friday, March 2, 2018 - 16:55|
|Vale Foods||Friday, March 2, 2018 - 16:58|
|Penrhiw Farm||Wednesday, February 14, 2018 - 15:02|
|Christmas wrapped up at Usk Farmers' Market||Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 11:30|
|String Quintet to play for Christmas||Thursday, November 30, 2017 - 15:59|