- The market to provide for local producers to sell their produce direct to the final customer
- The market to be in common ownership with revenues sufficient for long-term sustainability.
- the fostering of a greater understanding of the source and nature of the produce at the market
- to minimize the environmental impact of production and distribution.
- to support the local economy
- to provide a social dimension for farmers often operating in isolated circumstances.
- to contribute to the well-being of the local community.
For the latest news, about how the coronavirus pandemic is affecting how the market operates, please see this link
The market is held on the first and third Saturday each month 9.00 am - 10.30 am. Please see this section for details of the next market
Please see the fmiw website for more information about the market.
|18th September Market News||Friday, September 18, 2015 - 13:51|
|Usk stall application for the 4th quarter 2015||Thursday, September 17, 2015 - 16:52|
|August 30th||Sunday, August 30, 2015 - 04:02|
|August 15th Market||Thursday, August 13, 2015 - 15:46|
|July 4th market News||Thursday, July 2, 2015 - 12:53|
|Details of the June 20th Market||Thursday, June 18, 2015 - 20:45|
|Christine to swim the channel !||Friday, June 5, 2015 - 18:28|
|Farmers' Market Lunch at Museum Cafe||Thursday, June 4, 2015 - 14:23|
|Details of the June 6th Market||Wednesday, June 3, 2015 - 19:02|
|The Fish Stall||Wednesday, June 3, 2015 - 18:57|