Welcome to this website for a Farmers' Market which had its origins as far back as 1998. The market offers many unique features not commonly found in conventional food retailing best summarized in the original objectives.
- The market to provide for local producers to sell their produce direct to the final customer
- The market to be in common ownership with revenues sufficient for long term sustainability.
- the fostering of a greater understanding of the source and nature of the produce at the market
- to minimize the environmental impact of production and distribution.
- to support the local economy
- to provide a social dimension for farmers often operating in isolated circumstances.
- to contribute to the well being of the local community.
For the latest news, about how the coronavirus pandemic is effecting how the market operates, please see this link
|Penrhiw Farm November 15th||Thursday, November 16, 2017 - 10:05|
|All about apples||Sunday, October 1, 2017 - 23:29|
|Elm Tree Pies to close||Friday, June 30, 2017 - 10:41|
|Money raised for charity||Friday, February 3, 2017 - 13:29|
|Usk Farmers' Market is 18 years old||Tuesday, November 1, 2016 - 15:56|
|The Usk vegetable box scheme.||Thursday, April 21, 2016 - 12:14|
|News for April 16th 2016||Friday, April 15, 2016 - 19:11|
|March 19th||Friday, March 18, 2016 - 10:27|
|5th March 2016||Tuesday, March 1, 2016 - 22:43|
|February 6th 2016 Market||Friday, February 5, 2016 - 10:13|